Sunday, February 20, 2011

This guy's really showing up the rest of the 20 somethings in the world.

Do you ever have those days when you're feeling really unproductive? You try so hard, but just can't seem to get that conjure up that little rush of motivation. Lazy Sunday.

Finally, when I decided to get in touch with reality (and academia) I packed up my books and headed to the library to get my work done.

I was feeling really ambitious so I logged onto The New York Times website only to find this headline:
"Bayne Wins Daytona 500 in 2nd Cup Start"


Talk about feeling unproductive....






I'm not an avid Nascar fan by any means, but once I began to read the article it made me wish I picked up race car driving.

"With the win Bayne breaks Gordon's mark as the youngest winner in Daytona 500 history. Gordon was 26 when he won the 500 in 1997."

Trevor Bayne...well he's 20. He's barely 20, his birthday was yesterday

Bayne beat out seasoned veterans of the race to claim today's title. He breezed by big racing names including Tony Stewart, Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin and Kurt Busch.

Imagine that. Guy can't even buy a beer or rent a car, but today he took home over $1 million will probably see a little  extra cash from what ever endorsement opportunities come his way.

Following this unbelievable feat Bayne may even decide not to compete for the Nationwide title.

I'm 20 years old and can't say I have a thing on this guy right now. Feeling a little unaccomplished, but perhaps next week I'll win a few extra bucks on NJ Lottery scratch off ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment